06 Jun I sea mushroom almond
Dear seaweirdo’s, I sea pasta lovers, baconfans,
Seamore’s founder mistook seaweed for pasta, loved the experience and decided to fool the rest of the world. I sea pasta looks like tagliatelle but is 100% wild, handpicked seaweed from Connemara, Ireland. Our crowd-harvested I sea pasta is the equivalent of 500 grams fresh sea vegetables ready to be used as pasta, veggies or anything in between. It is not only great for your taste buds and health but also for the planet. So what can you make with it?
Today we will make a delicious vegan dish, with mushrooms and almonds!
How do you prepare it?
- Soak I sea pasta in lukewarm water for 20 min.
- Rinse I sea pasta in a colander and put it into boiling water (make sure pasta is under water). Let it cook for 20 min.
- Heat some olive oil in a frying pan and add in the chopped onions. Sautee until it starts to become golden.
- Add in the mushrooms and cook until soft. Drizzle over the soy sauce and cook two more minutes.
- Mix almond butter and vegetable broth in a small bowl until smooth. Then pour into the pan and give it a stir. Let simmer for a few minutes, until the sauce gets a creamy consistency.
- Season with pepper and a pinch of salt. Then add the cooked I sea pasta and stir well.
- Let simmer for five more minutes and stir in nutritional yeast and baby spinach.
- Divide over 4 plates and top off with red bell pepper slices or vegetable of your choice.
Ingredients (4 persons)
- 100 gr I sea pasta (1 pack)
- 300 g mushrooms, sliced
- 2 onions, chopped
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 3 tablespoons almond butter
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 small red bell pepper, chopped into slices
- Olive oil, pepper & salt, nutritional yeast