12 Jun I sea vegan tofunese
Dear seaweirdo’s, I sea pasta lovers, baconfans,
Seamore’s founder mistook seaweed for pasta, loved the experience and decided to fool the rest of the world. I sea pasta looks like tagliatelle but is 100% wild, handpicked seaweed from Connemara, Ireland. Our crowd-harvested I sea pasta is the equivalent of 500 grams fresh sea vegetables ready to be used as pasta, veggies or anything in between. It is not only great for your taste buds and health but also for the planet. So what can you make with it?
Today we will show you how to make ‘I sea puttanesca’.
How do you prepare it?
- Soak I sea pasta in lukewarm water for 20 min.
- Rinse I sea pasta in a colander and put it into boiling water (make sure pasta is under water). Let it cook for 20 min.
- Cut the onion and garlic into small pieces.
- Cut the tofu into pieces and then mash it with a fork until it has the consistency of minced meat.
- Fry the tofu for several minutes in some olive oil till it starts to turn slightly brown. Stir frequently!
- Add onions and garlic and fry until soft. Then add soy sauce to the pan and let cook for one more minute.
- Add tomato sauce and chopped tomatoes and let it simmer for a few minutes. Add herbs and spices to taste.
- Rinse the cooked I sea pasta and stir it through the sauce.
- Divide over 4 plates and sprinkle some nutritional yeast and more chilli flakes on top.
Ingredients (4 persons)
- 100 gr I sea pasta (1 pack)
- 400 gr tufu (natural and unsmoked)
- 2 onions
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 1 can of chopped tomatoes
- 4 tbsp soy sauce (unsweetened)
- Italian herbs, salt, pepper and chilli flakes to taste
- Nutritional yeast
- Olive oil