21 Feb I sea stampot
Dear seaweirdo’s, I sea pasta lovers, baconfans,
How often do you experience something that reshapes your view? We believe we have found something that will change the way we think of food. I sea bacon is our new hero. And we are a fan! When we found out the seaweed called ‘Dulse’ turns into this heavenly green bacon when you fry it, we immediately wanted to try out all our favorite bacon recipes.
One of them is ‘stamppot’. This typical Dutch winter dish is a typical -you need bacon for the best experience- dish. And now you can make it even better with I sea bacon!
How do you prepare it?
- Peel and boil the potatoes until nearly soft.
- Chop the garlic and mix it with the milk.
- Mash the potatoes and add the mixed milk & garlic. Add the endive and mix all together.
- Fry the I sea bacon leavers crispy.
- Fry leaves crunchy in plenty of hot oil for 20-40 seconds (don’t let it burn).
- Serve your I sea stamppot with 3 or 4 bavon leaves on top. Enjoy!
Tip! Feel like cheese? Add some grated cheese and your stamppot becomes even more creamy.
- 1 kg potatoes
- 25 g butter
- 30 gr I sea bacon leaves
- 1 garlic
- 150 ml milk
- 300 gr endives (you can vary with kale or spinach as well)