15 Feb I sea salad
Dear seaweirdo’s, I sea pasta lovers, baconfans,
How often do you experience something that reshapes your view? We believe we have found something that will change the way we think of food. I sea bacon is our new hero. And we are a fan! When we found out the seaweed called ‘Dulse’ turns into this heavenly green bacon when you fry it, we immediately wanted to try out all our favorite bacon recipes.
Today we share with you the recipe of ‘I sea salad’. A fresh salad with tasty and crispy I sea bacon leaves.
Let us know what you think of it!
How do you prepare it?
- Wash and dry the salmon fillets and marinate with maple syrup, salt and pepper
- Cook the salmon, without touching it, until the lighter-colored flesh has moved about 3/4 of the way up the fillets, for about 5–7 minutes (depending on the thickness of the fillets)
- Heat a pan, add the coconut oil and fry the bacon while stirring with a wooden spoon
- Add the dressing to the romane leaves and toss with your fingers
- 500 g romane hearts, leaves separated, washed and dried
- 4 salmon fillets with skin on (about 150 g each)
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 2/3 teaspoon salt
- Black pepper
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil (replace with olive oil)