25 Jun I sea quiche
Dear seaweirdo’s, I sea pasta lovers, baconfans,
How often do you experience something that reshapes your view? We believe we have found something that will change the way we think of food. I sea bacon is our new hero. And we are a fan! When we found out the seaweed called ‘Dulse’ turns into this heavenly green bacon when you fry it, we immediately wanted to try out all our favorite bacon recipes.
Today we will upgrade a traditional dish with I sea bacon: quiche!
How do you prepare it?
- Tear I sea bacon leaves in smaller pieces. Heat a layer of olive oil in a pan. Put a few bacon leaves in the hot oil (make sure that bacon leaves don`t touch the bottom of the pan).
- Bake the leaves 10sec on each side, till they turn green. Put the baked leaves out of the pan on a paper towel, repeat for all of the leaves.
- Heat the oven on 180 degrees.
- Put the pastry in an baking dish.
- Mix the eggs and grated cheese. Place baked I sea bacon on the pastry. Add the egg mix and shuffle a little. Put in oven for cca 30 min.
- Serve the piece with baked I sea bacon leaves on top of it.
- 10 I sea bacon leaves
- 6 slices of pastry
- 6 eggs
- 125 gr of grated cheese