18 Apr I sea hamburger
Dear seaweirdo’s, I sea pasta lovers, baconfans,
How often do you experience something that reshapes your view? We believe we have found something that will change the way we think of food. I sea bacon is our new hero. And we are a fan! When we found out the seaweed called ‘Dulse’ turns into this heavenly green bacon when you fry it, we immediately wanted to try out all our favorite bacon recipes.
Today we will upgrade a traditional dish with I sea bacon: the hamburger. We will create the ‘I sea hamburger’.
How do you prepare it?
- Tear I sea bacon leaves in smaller pieces. Heat a layer of olive oil in a pan. Put a few bacon leaves in the hot oil (make sure that bacon leaves don`t touch the bottom of the pan).
- Bake the leaves 10sec on each side, till they turn green. Put the baked leaves out of the pan on a paper towel, repeat for all of the leaves.
- Cut the focaccia in two and roast it gently.
- Fry in the same pan the lamb/vegan burger to taste.
- Mount the hamburger using the dijonaise and some onions as first layer.
- On top of the burger repeat step 4 and add pickle and I sea bacon.
- 3 leaves of I sea bacon
- Lamb burgers/vegan burgers
- Sweet red onion
- Foccacia bread