13 Dec I sea bacon cookie
Dear seaweirdo’s, I sea pasta lovers and baconfans,
How often do you experience something that reshapes your view? We believe we have found something that will change the way we think of food. I sea bacon is our new hero. And we are a fan! When we found out the seaweed called ‘Dulse’ turns into this heavenly green bacon when you fry it, we immediately wanted to try out all our favorite bacon recipes.
Today we will upgrade a traditional dish with I sea bacon: cookies! We will create ‘I sea bacon cookie’. Tender on the inside, crunchy on the outside.
How do you prepare it?
- Preheat oven to 180°C, line a baking sheet pan with parchment paper which is a fancy word for baking paper.
- Next, add the oats in a food processor or blender with the baking powder and salt, pulse until finely grounded but not powdery.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the butter and sugar until fluffy, then add the egg and vanilla extract and mix them until combined.
- Here comes the good part, break the I sea bacon into pieces and mix the chocolate chips with a spatula in the dough. You can choose to fry the I sea bacon first also.
- Use a cookie scoop or tablespoon to place the dough onto your baking sheet. Place in oven and bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
Once it’s done, let them cool for a bit or put them next to your favourite ice cream and enjoy.
- 1 ¼ cup oats
- 1 ½ tbsp. cornstarch
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp kosher sea salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 2 tbs granulated sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar packed
- 1 large ggs
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup crumbled I sea bacon
- 1 cup chocolate chips or chunks